Tuesday, May 3, 2011

#5 You're not really a family.

Hey everyone,
Let me again say sorry for not keeping up with this blog. Like I said before life has been busy, and loves to throw curve balls at me.
Now the lie for this week is "You're not a really a family." Well I looked up the actually definition for family. Well I found a lot of definitions for it, but here is a pic of some of the definitions.

The best definition to me is number 5. To me a family is a mom, and a dad raising their kids. This lie also goes along with last week's lie. If you are adopted your parents love you just like if they would have or have bio kids. This is a family no matter if you are bio kids or if you are adopted kids.

I know some of my friends don't really like it when people look at their family for a long time trying to figure it all out. Mostly it drives them nuts when people are just staring and won't stop because it seems weird to them that for example the parents are white, one daughter is Hispanic, and the other daughter is black. What ever the case I guess this has never really bugged me, I figure let them stare who cares!! If they judge me based on that or whatever it's their own fault and their lose for not really getting to know me and my family.

Okay so sorry this wasn't the neatest post I have ever written and that I didn't really have much to say on it. But I'll leave you with a few wonderful family quotes.


"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." Bishop Desmond Tutu
"Family is the most important thing in the world." Princess Diana


"I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich." Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, "Identity Crisis," M*A*S*H

"It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons." Johann Schiller

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts." Author Unknown
This quote is so true of my family. XD

"Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted." Paul Pearshall
"If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable - each segment distinct." Letty Cottin Pogredin
Okay sorry I probably gave you too many quotes, but there are too many good family quotes that I had to share! Maybe I can convince my friends who were going to write things on here to actually do it. (Though they have been super busy I will give them that.)
~Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment